Let’s DEMISTIFY a plant based diet. My approach is a back to the basics approach so you start meal planning at home, on your own. If you are just starting a plant based lifestyle, there is so much information out there that it can be overwhelming. Too many superfoods, too many unknown ingredients, fancy recipes, and sometimes, we forget to start from the beginning. The foundation of resourceful plant based cooking and raw food. And for those of us who have been following a plant based diet for years, these trying times of PANDEMIC, stress, limited food access are allowing us to re-assess what we eat, how we cook, how resourceful we can be. We got used to having food available to us at all times, in most countries. Things are different now. We can return to the basics, follow a simpler, yet perfectly balanced diet with just a few main ingredients and spices.
Barbados 10 CLASS SERIES, each class is 3 hours including an abundant feast with everything we make in class! Dates to be confirmed as soon as our lockdown is lifted 🙂
- Foundation of plant based foods – Setting up the kitchen, batch prepping, meal planning and plant based substitution ingredients. Liquids/juicing/green smoothies will also be introduced, with recipes.
- Foundation of dairy substitutes – plant milks, butter, bechamel and ricotta.
- Detoxifying Raw Living Foods – breakfast, lunch and dinner – some of my favorite detox and cleansing recipes based on raw food techniques.
- Secrets to full meal salads and buddha bowls– the secret is in the sauce and the dressing. Building a full meal salad and bowls based on textures, colors and nutrients for the whole week.
- Raw and Vegan Desserts – Basic raw vegan cheesecake, chocolates, ice cream and gelling techniques.
- Comfort Food with World Cuisines using medicinal herbs and spices – asian, mexican, middle eastern, italian – how you can have endless variations based on your choice of herbs.
- Healthy snacks and sweet treats that are kid friendly – gluten free and plant rich baking without buying 100 types of flours. Resourceful ways to use leftover nut milk pulp – we will make crackers from pulp
- Easy Fermentation – Think gut health! Naturally loaded with probiotics, easy to make, and a sustainable way to preserve foods. Its a triple win.
- Food Farmacy – Using nature’s plant medicine to heal and restore.
- Kids Cooking Class – lets get cooking with our kids. There is no better way to teach them young!
For all classes
- 3 hours EACH with a meal and Q&A at the end (+ 15 minutes )
- all classes will be recorded and sent to your via dropbox so you can revisit everything.
- during all classes, we will always discuss ingredients used, setting up an efficient kitchen, and long term meal planning, which is key.
- you will receive an ingredient list, recipe handout and tips.
- you do not need to have all the exact ingredients in hand – I will highlight the ones you do!
Cost for 10 class series BDS$1450. Cost of each individual class is BDS$ 160.00. This includes a multiple page handout for each class, shopping list and an abundant feast at the end of each class, with plenty of food. Come hungry and curious!!. Plus unlimited support via a private WhatsApp group. To sign up, please submit PayPal (or Zelle) payment to firstname.lastname@example.org and sign up via email to email@example.com. You will then receive further instructions and directions to class.