Slimming Island Detox Retreat
Our next retreat is March 9th – 16th, 2013
Join us for our uniquely tailored spring retreat – “Slimming Island Detox” in the beautiful Caribbean island of Barbados. Barbados is the ideal location to experience “island living” and let go of it all. Arise to the sound of the rolling waves and the trade winds breeze brushing the palm trees, soothing your soul to the gentle rhythm of Caribbean vibes and the warm, friendly charm of the local “Bajans”.
Cleanse, energize and regenerate your body with wholesome gourmet living foods…stimulate your soul with our daily vibrant yoga classes, and reconnect with nature. Challenge yourself with our world class surf lessons, standup paddle or our other “island fitness” activities!
Elaina Love is a professional Chef and Detox counselor at Pure Joy Culinary Academy. She is a Lifestyle Counselor. Elaina has become known worldwide for her extensive raw food demonstrations on YouTube.com and other places on the internet where she teaches you how to make a variety of raw gourmet creations easily. She is the author of 3 recipe books and has many published recipes worldwide. With a passion for sharing the knowledge she has attained through years of detoxing and cheffing experience, Elaina has helped people throughout the world bring about positive changes in their lives. Her teaching and support empowers people to lose weight and gain energy by making positive lifestyle choices and incorporating more living, raw food into their diet.
Manuela Scalini is an international gourmet raw food chef, who travels the world teaching workshops, hosting retreats and consulting for restaurants. She splits her time between her native Brasil and Sausalito, California. A Certified Raw Food Chef from Living Light Culinary Arts Institute, and Certified Yoga Instructor, Manuela infuses her Brazilian heritage into her culinary delights, creating an unique exotic experience. As a world traveler, Manuela is an expert in tropical flavors and cuisine. One of her many passions is creating beautiful gourmet living food dishes using local and seasonal flavors, drawing inspiration in the freshest ingredients to nourish and energize the body, mind and soul. She spends a lot of time in Barbados and the Barbados Raw Food Retreats are her brain child since 2010. You can find out more about her on her website: manuelascalini.com
Indulge in three exotic gourmet living food meals every day, topped by a wide variety of juices, elixirs and decadent low glycemic desserts. Manuela & Elaina will be pampering you with a wide variety of wholesome, fresh, delicious dishes that are not only pulsing with life, but also a feast for the eyes. We will take you on an exploration of exotic flavors and herbs that will trigger all your senses.
Chill out in luxury
“Santosha” the Sanskrit word for contentment, a perfect name for these remarkable, luxury one bedroom and studio self catering suites boasting wide verandas and traditional jalousie windows that open onto a panoramic view of the beautiful east coast of Barbados and the islands longest beach. Santosha Barbados is set in natural countryside with a spacious breezy sun-deck with a large swimming pool and jacuzzi offering stunning views over the Atlantic Ocean. For accommodations pictures and info:
Activate your body
Vinyasa Flow Yoga – offered daily, our local yoga instructor will lead you through a dynamic practice that will strengthen your body and open your heart. All levels are welcome with individual attention given.
Island fitness – four days of surfing and/or standup paddle and a final day of sailing and swimming with sea turtles, plus a fun filled island tour included! Hiking, horseback riding, zip-lining and many other island activities optional and available at your request.
Daily Island Vibe natural spa treatments and workshops – learn how to use Caribbean ingredients like aloe vera, coconut, irish moss,molasses and even sand right off of Barbados beaches to revitalize and rejuvenate your skin and hair.
Raw Food Workshops
We offer 4 raw food workshops taught by Elaina Love and Manuela Scalini throughout our retreat, where you will learn how to recreate easy and delicious raw food meals once you return home. You will also receive a manual with raw food nutrition information and a recipe book.
*Juicing & Blending Liquid Nutrition
*Low Glycemic Desserts (kids love it too!)
*Flavor Balancing, the secret behind great dressings and sauces
*Raw Food for weight loss
Lots of recipes and techniques will be included!
All inclusive prices for 7 nights/8 days: all gourmet meals, daily yoga, surf & SUP, workshops, accommodations and transfers are included.
Luxury One bedroom suites:
$2050 triple occupancy
$2350 double occupancy
$3100 single occupancy
$2250 double occupancy
$2850 single occupancy
For Barbados residents who wish to attend the retreat as a “staycation” without accommodations, please contact Manuela at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing info.
Payment and Cancellation Refund Policy
Please visit www.purejoyacademy for sign up info and instructions.
For payments in Brazil, please contact Manuela at email@example.com
- In order to secure your place on our Slimming Detox Barbados Retreat, you will need to pay the 50% deposit, or the full amount as soon as possible. Please visit www.purejoyacademy for sign up info and instructions.
- Full payment for the retreat must be received no later than four weeks before the start of the retreat (Feb 2 for the March 2013 retreat).
- In the case of any bookings that may occur after this date, payment must be made in full at the time of registration.
- We accept payment by PayPal, credit card or by bank transfer.
- You can conveniently pay via PayPal and credit cards through the Payments section of our website on the Dates & booking page. Please note you do not need a PayPal account in order to use your credit card.
- Please note that any additional bank transaction charges, such as transfer or foreign exchange fees are your responsibility.
- If you have to cancel your reservation, please inform us as soon as possible. In the case of cancellations the deposit is non-refundable. Your deposit, however, can be transferred to a future retreat depending on availability.
- If you cancel your reservation earlier than four weeks before the start of the retreat, we will refund all fees paid minus the deposit and any transfer charges.
- If canceling later than four weeks before the starting date of the retreat (the 2nd of February for the spring 2013 retreat), all fees will be non- refundable, unless we can find another full paying applicant to take your place. In this case, we will refund the fees paid minus the deposit and any bank transfer charges.
- Once the retreat begins, any fees paid will be non-refundable.
- Slimming Detox Barbados Retreat reserves the right to ask a retreat participant to leave the retreat at any time if they feel that their behavior is either terribly disruptive or dangerous to the others on retreat. In this case, all retreat fees are non-refundable.
- If you cannot reach the retreat due to unforeseen circumstances such as strikes, missed, delayed or cancelled flights, retreat fees are unfortunately non-refundable.
Cancellation coming from us:
- In the highly unlikely event that we have to cancel the retreat for unforeseen reasons we will notify you as soon as possible and will refund the full amount paid including your deposit.
- We reserves the right to cancel a retreat that is below the minimum of 8 participants. Although unlikely, if this should occur, we will notify you in advance and give you a full refund, deposit included.In the case of us having to cancel a retreat we regret that we cannot provide compensation for any additional costs that are related to your trip such as international and domestic flights, visa fees etc.
Check out last year’s retreat video: